LAST UPDATED May 25, 2010
This Agreement is between you (“you”) and Inside Jobs LLC ("Company,” “we,” “us”) concerning your use of the online site currently located at http://www.insidejobs.com (together with any successor site(s) and all Services (as defined below), the “Site”).
1. Acceptance of Terms. The Site is made available by us subject to this Agreement. We reserve the right to update or make changes to this Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this Agreement. When using any Services (as defined below), you agree that you are subject to any additional posted guidelines, rules, terms and conditions applicable to such Services, which are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Site, with or without notice; charge fees in connection with the use of the Site; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Site; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Entities”) shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any Service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
2. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. In choosing to access the Site, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. You are also subject to United States export controls and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
3. Description of the Services. We provide users of the Site with access to certain content and services through the Site, which may include, without limitation, job titles and descriptions, degree names and descriptions, college, university, and school information, photographs, graphics, images, text, data, user comments, opinions, postings and messages and other similar content (such content and services, collectively, the “Services”).
5. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site pursuant to Section 17 below. You agree that you will not:
i Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:
i Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
ii Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as "hacking," "cracking," or "phreaking."
iii Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
iv Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme" or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
v Any material, non-public information about a company without the proper authorization to do so.
ii Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
iii Use the Site to defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
iv Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of Company; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
v Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
vi Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
vii Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without Company’s express prior written consent.
viii Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
ix Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
x Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
xi Frame or mirror any part of the Site without Company’s express prior written consent.
xii Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.
xiii Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine" or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without Company’s express prior written consent.
6. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that you (and not Company) are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, and computer hardware, equipment, and services needed to access and use the Site, and paying all charges related thereto.
7. Information Requests. We may make available information request services through the Site, and we may use third-party suppliers and service providers to enable information request service functionality on our Site. If you wish to request information through the Site (each such request, a "Transaction"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Transaction, including without limitation your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, and certain education information (that information, "Personal Information"). YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU WILL PROVIDE ONLY YOUR OWN SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. By submitting such Personal Information, you grant Company the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Transactions initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction.
8. Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Site. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance of any order.
9. Registration; User Names and Passwords. You may be required to register with Company in order to access certain Services or areas of the Site. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that personally identifies you; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion. Your user name and password are for your personal use only, and not for use by any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site, and agree not to transfer your password or user name, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your password or user name (including, without limitation, all Transactions). You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
10. Profiles and Forums. You may post certain information and materials on your “profile page” (your “Profile”). Further, we and/or our service providers may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality, messaging functionality and comment functionality on the Site, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials (each, a "Forum"). Information contained in the Profiles and Forums may be provided by employees of Company and the Affiliated Entities as well as by third-party visitors to the Site.
Please note that Site visitors may post messages or make statements in the Profiles and Forums that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Company, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information or statements made in the Profiles and Forums by third parties. Without limitation, Company, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers are not responsible for any information or materials made available through the Profiles and Forums (including without limitation errors or omissions in Profiles and Forum postings or links or images embedded in a Profile or in Forum messages) or results obtained by using any such information or materials. Under no circumstances will Company, the Affiliated Entities or their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers or service providers, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information or materials. The opinions expressed in the Profiles and Forums reflect solely the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of Company.
In addition, Company, Company, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers have no control over, and shall have no liability for, any damages resulting from the use (including without limitation republication) or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through a Profile or a Forum or any other part of the Site. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IN A PROFILE OR A FORUM OR OTHERWISE ON THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11. License. For purposes of clarity, you retain ownership of any information, content and/or materials you submit through a Profile or a Forum or otherwise through the Site (each, a “Submission”). However, please note that we need certain rights to your Submissions to be able to make them available on the Site. Accordingly, you hereby grant to Company, the Affiliated Entities and their respective service providers and designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you: to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), create derivative works of, transmit, publicly display and publicly perform such Submission, in any media now known or hereafter developed.
This license is non-exclusive (so you can license your Submissions to others), worldwide (as the Internet is global in its reach), fully-paid up and royalty-free (so that we do not have to pay you for posting your Submissions), sublicenseable through multiple tiers (so that we can use our service providers and subcontractors to provide Services).
For each Submission, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that such Submission, and your provision thereof to and through the Site, comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. We request this waiver to help ensure that we have all the rights we may need to provide the Services available through the Site.
12. Monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that (a) we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to do any or all of the following, at our discretion: (i) monitor Submissions; (ii) alter, remove, or refuse to post or allow to be posted any Submission; and/or (iii) disclose any Submissions, and the circumstances surrounding their transmission, to any third party in order to operate the Site; to protect Company, the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers, and the Site's users and visitors; to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests; to enforce this Agreement; or for any other reason or purpose.
13. Company's Proprietary Rights. The information and materials made available through the Site, including the Services, are and shall remain the property of Company and its licensors and suppliers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in advance by Company in writing, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based (whether in whole or in part) on, all or any part of the Site or any materials made available through the Site.
Trade names, trademarks and service marks of Company include without limitation, Inside Jobs™ and Career Day Every Day™ and any associated logos. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by Company are the property of their respective owners. The trade names, trademarks and service marks owned by Company, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Company’s trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.
14. Links. The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because Company has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Company and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and Company and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers neither endorse nor are responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through such sites or resources. Other web sites may provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that Company and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers do not endorse such sites, and are not and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
Company shall have the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links to the Site through technological or other means without prior notice.
15. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE AND ANY GOODS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES) OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN PARTICULAR, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR FROM ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE BY COMPANY OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO COMPANY TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE.
The Site is hosted in a cloud environment, and any information that you transmit through the Site will be hosted by the third-party provider(s) of such cloud environment, and not by us. Because we have no control over the operation of such cloud environment, we do not guarantee that the Site will be or remain secure, complete or correct, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any unauthorized third-party alteration to the Site, contact us at email@example.com with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location on the Site where such material(s) appear.
17. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company and the Affiliated Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site (including all Transactions); or (b) any violation of this Agreement by you.
18. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Company, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site, at any time and for any reason, including if Company believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice, and that Company may immediately deactivate or delete your password and user name, and all related information and files associated with it, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that Company and the Affiliated Entities shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. Sections 2, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14-18 and 22-24 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
19. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in King County, WA, U.S.A., and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
20. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of application of this Agreement, please direct such questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
21. Filtering. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the web sites GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that Company does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such site.
22. Notice for California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You may also contact us by writing to 1426 37th Ave E, Seattle WA 98112. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
23. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Company a notice requesting that Company remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Company a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to: Inside Jobs LLC, Attn Legal Dept, 1426 37th Ave E, Seattle WA 98112. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
24. Ability to Enter Into This Agreement. By using the Site, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement.
25. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Company. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. This, together with all policies referred to herein, is the entire Agreement between you and Company relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Company relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by e-mail, or by regular mail, in Company's discretion. The Site may also provide notices of changes to this Agreement or other matters by displaying such notices or by providing links to such notices. Without limitation, you agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Company will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
LAST UPDATED May 25, 2010
By using the Service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Service. We reserve the right to change this Policy without prior notice. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the "LAST UPDATED" legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Service following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
Note Regarding the Use of the Service by Children: The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Service.
1. What Types of Information Does Inside Jobs Collect From Me?
We gather two basic types of information through the Service: "Personally Identifiable Information" (or "PII") and "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" (or "Non-PII"). Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a person as an individual. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person’s specific identity.
a. Personally Identifiable Information. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Service we may require that you furnish PII. We collect PII from you through the Service, such as your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, and certain education information, only when you voluntarily provide it to us. You represent that you will provide only your own such PII in connection with the Service.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Service, we and our third-party service providers and business partners may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the job pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected through the Service from five different sources: (i) server log files, (ii) environmental variables, (iii) cookies, (iv) pixel tags and other similar technologies, and (v) information that you voluntarily provide to us.
i. Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Service's servers, and administering the Service. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
ii. Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most websites, and can be used to optimize your experience with the Service.
iv. Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs," or similar means in connection with Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Service users and e-mail recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns and to compile aggregate statistics about Service usage and response rates.
v. Information That You Voluntarily Provide. We also collect Non-PII (e.g., your educational interests, your geographic location, etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. Such information constitutes Non-PII because, unless combined with PII, it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Service, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular educational interest. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
2. How Does Inside Jobs Use Information Collected From Me?
a. Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII in the following ways:
i. Service Operation. We may use PII about you to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to provide communication features through the Service).
ii. Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use PII about you to send to you important information regarding the Service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Service, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
iii. Other Communications. From time to time, we may use PII about you to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer that we do not send electronic marketing messages to you, please see the "Opt-Out" section below.
v. Communications Through the Service. We may provide functionality to permit you to send messages regarding Service-related content to others in connection with the Service. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, the recipient’s email address, telephone number, or other method of communication so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to the intended recipient. You represent that you have received consent from any individual whose PII you submit in connection with the Service.
vi. Internal Business Purposes. We may also use PII about you for our internal business purposes, such as data backups and disaster recovery, data analysis, technical support, audits and so forth.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non PII, which does not personally identify you, with Affiliated Entities and other third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. How Is Personally Identifiable Information Disclosed?
a. Third-party Services. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to application hosting, data storage, data analysis, payment processing and other services, including services of an administrative nature. We reserve the right to share PII about you with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services (for example, if you choose to request information through the Service, we may share your Transaction Information or other PII with our third-party service providers to fulfill your information request, including, without limitation, to enable a third party to provide such requested information to you).
b. Affiliate Communications. From time to time, we may share PII about you with the Affiliated Entities to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer that we do not share your information with the Affiliated Entities for such Affiliated Entities’ marketing purposes, please see the "Opt-Out" section below.
c. Communications Through the Service. Please note that any PII you provide in connection with sending messages regarding Service-related content to other recipients through the Service, such as your name and your email address, will, of course, be disclosed to the recipient.
d. Profiles. We may provide functionality in connection with the Service that allows you to create a “profile page” (your “Profile”) and post certain information and materials on your Profile. Please note that your Profile, including all PII and other information you make available in connection with your Profile, may be accessible to other users. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PII about you, or any other information, in your Profile. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF ANY PII YOU DISCLOSE IN YOUR PROFILE.
e. Information Posted by Visitors. We may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Service may be available to visitors to the Service and, in some cases, to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain PII (for example, a link to your Profile that contains PII), will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PII, or any other information, on the Service. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PII YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
f. Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Service users to an Affiliated Entity or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
g. Law enforcement; emergencies; compliance. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose PII about you to others as we believe to be appropriate (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; (e) to protect our operations or those of any Affiliated Entities; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of us, the Affiliated Entities, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose PII about you to law enforcement agencies to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
4. Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
b. Security. The Service is hosted in a cloud environment, and any information that you transmit through the Service will be hosted by the third-party provider(s) of such cloud environment, and not by us. Because we have no control over the operation of such cloud environment, we cannot guarantee that any data stored in such environment will be secure. We note that in the past, we have utilized a cloud environment provided by third parties Heroku.com and Amazon Web Services; please see their privacy policies (at this time, http://legal.heroku.com/privacy and http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/) for examples of their respective cloud provider privacy policies, and please contact us in accordance with Section 4.f (“Contacting Us”) if you would like to learn the identity of our current cloud provider(s). Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information that you transmit through the Service. You acknowledge and agree that any information that you transmit through the Service or upload for storage in connection with the Service is so transmitted or stored at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 4.f ("Contacting Us") below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
c. Opt-Out. If you do not wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us, or if you would prefer that we do not share PII about you with our affiliates and/or with third parties for such affiliates’ and/or third parties’ marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related e-mails or from such sharing by changing your account settings. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove PII about you from the databases of affiliates or third parties with which we have already shared PII about you (i.e., to which we have already provided PII about you as of the date on which we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from such affiliates or third parties, please contact such affiliates or third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
d. Changing or Suppressing PII about you. If you would like to review, correct, update or suppress PII that you have previously provided to us through the Service, you may do so by changing your account settings. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed therefrom. We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of the Service. Finally, we are not responsible for removing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared PII about you.
e. Jurisdictional Issues. The Service is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us or any Affiliated Entity to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Service, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Service do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Service's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
f. Contacting Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.